Category - Violin/Piano Concerto Soloist with the Orchestra
1. In the category Violin/Piano Concerto Soloist with the Orchestra take students of strings and piano departments of art schools in the 2 following groups: Group B - 10-12 years; Group C - 13-16 years.
2. As an exception, the Organizing Committee may allow a participant under the age of 10 to participate in the Competition, provided that he or she has a strong musical talent.
3. There will be 2 rounds: the 1st round being based on video recordings, and the 2nd being live in Odessa. The 2nd round is open to the public.
4. Each contestant must complete and submit a completed application that clearly indicates the direct web address of their video submission of the 1st round program. All videos should be posted for judging on YouTube (www.youtube.com). All uploaded videos must be viewable under the public or unlisted settings.
5. The Jury of the Competition evaluates the performances of the participants of the 1st round on video recordings and sends the evaluation information to the Organizing Committee by February 10, 2022.
6. Based on the results of the 1st round, the Organizing Committee invites the contestants to the 2nd round of the Competition by February 20, 2022.
7. Repertoire requirements of the 1st round: 1. A virtuoso piece; 2. Program of the 2nd round with the accompanist.
8. Repertoire requirements of the 2nd round: Violin Concerto with Orchestra (1st Mvt. or 2nd and 3rd Mvts.), according to the recommended list.
9. The participants will be given acoustic rehearsal time before the 2nd round on the stage of the concert hall with the Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra.
Approximate list of concerts recommended for performance in the category
|J.S. Bach||Concerto in d minor, BWV 1052|
|Concerto in f minor, BWV 1056|
|J. Haydn||Concerto in d Major, Hob. XVIII|
|W.A. Mozart||Concerto №12 in a major, K.414|
|Concerto №20 in d minor, K.466|
|Concerto №23 in a major, K.488|
|Ludwig van Beethoven||Concerto №1 in c major, op.15|
|Concerto №2 in b flat major, op.19|
|F. Mendelssohn||Concerto №1 in g minor, op.25|
|E. Grieg||Concerto in a minor, op.16|
|A. Vivaldi||Concerto in a minor|
|I. Bach||Concerto in a minor BWV 1041|
|W.A. Mozart||Concerto №3 in g major, K.216|
|M. Bruch||Concert №1, op.26|
|F. Mendelssohn||Concerto in e minor, op. 64|
|J. B. Accolay||Concerto in a minor|
|H. Wieniawski||Concerto №2 in d minor, op. 22|